Sunday, July 12, 2009

Running good helps ... a lot.

Just cashed in a random $100 Turbo NLHE Tourney. When the cat is away, the mouse decided to fire up a single MTT and concentrate for a change. I'd like to say that it was pure talent, but I've never, ever run so good. Got my 2-outer on the river when my JJ came up against KK on the final table AI preflop. I usually got my money in slightly ahead and won almost every coinflip - except the last obviously when my 55 lost to AJo (winning that would have made me chip leader). Can't compain though with 3rd and my biggest ever cash, just over $3000.

Who said blogging isn't profitable, rumour has it one of us may even run deep in the Main Event. Good luck!

2 comments:

James P McAteer said...

Think you need to run good at MTTs. But to wade through a 200+ field you need more than just luck. Particularly at higher buy ins.

Well played and well deserved my man.

The blindman said...

Very nice result. I, on the other hand toiled hard for five hours for a $140 mincash. Oh well. Would be interested in your comments if you want to wade through some hands.