Sunday, January 17, 2010

Theory and Practice

In theory there should be no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is a lot.

I've not long finished reading Tommy Angelo's book where one of the most important take aways from me should be his original advice which is to lop of your C game. By consistently lopping off what is then your C game, your game will improve.

When I landed in Canada, I picked up Jeff Hwang's first book PLO The Big Play Strategy. In retrospect, whilst his advanced book opened my eyes to so many valuable concepts, there was so much that I didn't understand about the game that it is no wonder that I am still a losing player after 30K hands. That said, I have a lot more of the theory and have the experience of having made a lot of the mistakes. So hopefully the future will be promising. If only I could lop off that C (or even D) game ...

No comments: