Friday, December 11, 2009

Aussie Millions Qualifier

Just received this Satellite report from one of our Friday Home Game buddies ... sometimes the bad beats on the bubble make us question why we play poker ... at other times, we just get reminded.

Entered a tournament to win an Aussie Millions ticket last night at the Crown $100 buy in for 1,000 in chips with unlimited re-buys for the first three 30 minute blinds, there were 88 players started and at the break there were three add ons I bought in three times after my initial buy in and never added on could see no sense in spending $300 for 3,000 in chips….. By the break I had 5.4k in chips and they announced three tickets to the Aussie Millions and 4 to 7 won $1,650 and 8th won $900.

Hit the final table of 10 just wanting to win the $900 after spending $400, when there was eight I just wanted the $1,650 as $1,250 up on the night would have been OK, only when No.8 went out did it dawn on me “Fuck Me” I might be in with a chance of a ticket here chips were always scarce I had average stack all the way through the tournament. I played like a rock RSL would have been proud of me.

Then there was four someone had to bubble a knew it wouldn’t be me I had played one of the best games up against some of the best players in Melbourne, at 2.07 this morning after 7 hours of play the Diamond G won a 10.5k ticket and booked himself a place in the Aussie Millions in January.

Happy, no fucking ecstatic and its hard to find words to describe how I feel at the moment, just needed to share my moment of glory with a Poker buddy

1 comment:

The blindman said...

Wow, congratulations!

It was a very brave call not to add on, although three add-ons is a bit of a weird situation. In a normal R&A tournament, it is almost always advisable to add on unless you have a huge stack.