Sunday, August 31, 2008

This journey is so similar ...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=286204
... you can read Parts 1 thru 6 as the first 3 years for me before starting my blog.

Kurt sounds like a really cool guy. By the time you stumble upon this, I expect that it will have been updated with a happy ending (if there ever is an ending - maybe that's the attraction of poker).

I'm not sure that I would have stumbled upon this story if I wasn't writing my own blog. It's like buying a new Mazda 3 and suddenly seeing them everywhere on the roads where you hadn't before. It's early days, but I'm getting to enjoy this blogging and I haven't even had one comment yet. Just shouting into space. BTW, if a man shouts in space, is he still wrong?

2 comments:

Kurt said...

There are many reason's to blog. I used to use it to communicate with my group of friends... just had to write once to update everyone, instead of separate communications for all. Beyond that it has value for just for you. Coming back years from now and seeing the headspace you used to be in is always surprising and fun. And of course, just having a journal, a log, of your life, is valuable in its own right. And none of these things have anything to do with anyone actually reading.

If we're ever on the same continent I'd love to meet up. Until then, may the cards be kind, and best of luck to you.

Peace.

TiocfaidhArLa said...

Thanks for stopping by Kurt and breaking my comment duck (quaint cricket term, not sure if it translates inter-continent).

I'll be sure to say hi when next in SanFran.