Saturday, February 28, 2009

Allowing for jetlag

I read an article in a magazine a long time ago that was giving advice on pacing yourself for the WSOP in Vegas. The most important advice they said was to not lose your bankroll on the first couple of days at the cash tables. It's all too easy to be sucked in by the occassion and hit the tables as soon as you arrive at your hotel, under-estimating the effects of jetlag.

As an aside, we can under-estimate the value of tit-bits that we pick up along the way. Are there any particular snippets from your past that have come in useful? I'd be interested to hear.

Anyway, as I awoke at 5:00am, I suspected that I may not be as sharp as normal. To pass the time and avoid waking everyone, I managed a couple of hours of Omaha. I stepped down to PLO25 to avoid hammering my roll and ended up profiting 3 BIs with little or no risk. Again, I was aware that I was running good. I've had two more short and modest winning sessions at PLO25 and find it very passive compared to PLO100.

2 comments:

James P McAteer said...

when someone chatboxes you on the river that they have a flush. They have a flush.

TiocfaidhArLa said...

Only the Irish ones ...