Wednesday, March 4, 2009

PLO100 Table Time

I've mentioned a few times that I am a great believer in table time. It helps teach you things and provides a solid foundation for future learning too. I am looking forward to reading more about PLO with my recent experiences.

I don't know what the equivalent NLH level is to PLO100, but the actual $ amount seems higher than NLH100 when you consider the average pot sizes and increased variance. I've been experiencing a period of short downswings (maybe 4 BIs) and then recovery. I'm hopeful that it will soon start to trend upward from here.

My BB/100 is well down from its earlier highs to 8 as I close in on that 10,000 hand volume. That is to be expected as I no longer play PLO25 or PLO50. I have recently put in well over 1000 hands of PLO100 without deviation and am break even without table selection. I've played both FR and 6-max. If I am to do well at FR, I need to tighten up my hand selection significantly. Truth be known, my 6-max results would also improve with that adjustment.

I am still Passive post flop which I hate but I just can't shake it no matter how hard I try. I hate investing more on a draw but I realise that long term it is an error. On any particular hand though, it is an easy low variance cop out.

All in all, I think that I am playing a level that is getting me toward my goal of holding my own at more meaningful stakes. With some 2+2 study, I hope to have a good 2009.

2 comments:

James P McAteer said...

GL In March. you still in the old country?

TiocfaidhArLa said...

One more day left in Ireland and then EasyJet to London where I hope to hit the Gutshot, or similar, on my way back to Sydney.