Monday, October 13, 2008

Anticipation - rusty or refreshed?

I'm not sure that I have ever gone 2 weeks cold turkey from online poker before, but between work, travel and live play that is the case.

I'm hoping to get a few hands in this evening (as Monday is a good TV night for the girls) and really looking forward to it. I am keen to see if it is like riding a bicycle and I slot right back in. It will certainly be interesting as I am hopeful of being refreshed.

On a similar subject, The Bear Blog spoke of Phil Ivey in the WSOP having a bad run and choosing to sit out of his favourite event $10K PLO as he wasn't playing well. It certainly got me thinking as to how badly I might play tired or bored? I'm not sure that I really think about the difference between playing well and getting good cards. I can spot Tilt but probably rely too much on auto-pilot to grind out a profit. Thoughts?

3 comments:

PHLUKKE said...

I must admit that this has been on my mind recently . I am not really sure why I am playing . I certainly don't have that rush of excitement to fire up a couple of tables at the moment . Do feel as if I am going through the motions . I have so much free time that it has become automatic to log onto stars to pass the time . I dream of playing 30/60 ( who am i kidding ) and this low limit grind (even when winning) just doesn't seem to hit the spot . Overplayed ? you decide

The blindman said...

I reckon TFAL (TiocFaidhArLa is just getting too long to type) is onto something with his recommendation of the 2+2 book bonus. Read a good book on poker and you will be itching to get back to the tables.

TiocfaidhArLa said...

I've never been a book reader - 3 in total before poker. But I love poker books and yes, can't wait to get back to the tables.

There is one thing better though and that is Poker Podcasts. PokerRoad Radio and 2+2 PokerCast are all you need. Last weeks PokerCast was exceptional.

A nice mathematical brainteaser for you in it Blindman. As a challenge, I got 1, 2 and 3/4s of 3.

Gotta love this game.