Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Passing the time with PLO in front of the TV

I'm still keen to get a really good session online. Having my first quiet evening at home for a while, I decided to chill in front of the TV with my wife. Pulled out work laptop which doesn't have any rakeback sites on it, so settled on Party as one of my "don't care" accounts.

I always try to play well though and sat at the first table it offered me for NL100. Played OK, stole and jabbed my way up to +$15 when I paid the price for a bluff on a 997 board and a 2nd best TPTK for a $-45 result. The sort of hands that can go either way. I wasn't concentrating so may have gotten away from the 2nd one and possibly not bluffed the first if playing my A game, which wasn't the objective. I decided to shut down that table as any solid table image was now shot.

Fired up the first PLO50 short-handed available for a bit of fun. Played T/A for first 10 orbits or so and then wielded bigger stack selectively for remainder of session. Ran it up to a stack of $172 before bed o'clock. A good PLO result for me, this time on the side of +ve variance.

The movie was pretty good too! BTW, a quick movie review ... check out "Once" if you haven't already seen it. Low budget movie with great music.

No comments: