Monday, October 20, 2008

Lost my way chasing William Hill Bonus

I’ve lost my way a lot this month. With travel and various other distractions, I played less hours and was less motivated (and tired). I lost over the month significantly on Omaha, but made a similar amount at NLHE. I tried Limit to run up the bonuses quicker but treaded water.

I think that moving to William Hill distracted me and I am envious of the Bonus Chasing Grinder’s disciplined results. The problem with William Hill is that it doesn’t have the volume of players to let me multi-table effectively. That is part of my excuse for being sidetracked by Omaha. The other is that I enjoy it more, hopefully the results will follow.

I’m not impressed at all by William Hills cashier function. I've run up 1000 MPPs which should be good for a $100 sign-up bonus for me. I’ll never accumulate another 1000 so I’ll retire there for the month and start playing 5 hours per month at my leisure ongoing. Am I missing something or is information about “my” bonuses hard to find? Anyone know if it is within the cashier function, or elsewhere?

I probably broke even for the month which is about par for me. Not bad I guess, considering that I certainly didn’t play to my strengths. Any guidance you can provide to get me back on track would be great. I’m at my most comfortable 4-tabling $1/$2 iPokerNetwork, Limit or NL. Any suggestions on where I can find a similar experience with RB / Bonuses as I am liking the extra cash in my RTR account?

5 comments:

The blindman said...

I'm sorry to see you having a tough period. Having said that, if you've had a rough time and are still breaking even for the month, you are doing ok. The upswing will come again.

Omaha is a tough game. While I think there are good profits to be made, it's probably not a game where I would risk significant stakes without first investing some significant time into studying it in depth.

I'd say you need to widen your horizons a bit. William Hill is a bit too small to be the only place you play, as you have noticed from the game availability. Cryptologic may be drying up a bit since Littlewoods left, and since WH stopped doing the 5 hours per month bonus (take note, it sounds like you weren't aware of this).

I'd advise you to take a look at the kickback bonuses on Rakeaway, and use a couple of those to get into some other networks (e.g OnGame and Microgaming). The following are ones worth looking at:

* Hollywood (OnGame) via PSO
* Ladbrokes via Boogster
* PokerRoom (OnGame) via PSO or Regalos
* Gnuf (Micro) via PSO
* UltimateBet (spawn of satan) via PSO instant bankroll

Bort's approach of taking rakeback on one room at each network, and then chasing kickbacks on the others seems to be a sensible one.

parttimebonuschaser said...

Player volume is a problem on crypto yes, so I normally have another room running at the same time.

I find a similar issue on bodog (that i signed up through rbs). Not usually too many tables running but since their bonus cash pays out 1 point for every 10 points no matter if you clear the whole amount or not, its one of my favourites.

And yep take note William Hill are not doing the hourly bonus thing anymore. I think i expressed my disappointment about that on my blog - it was my favourite bonus.

To see how your bonuses are going in crypto its normally cashier and then promotions/awards or something like that, and then there's 2 choices bonus or promotions - pick promotions I think. From memory I thought they paid you the bonus as soon as you hit the required mpps.

PHLUKKE said...

Don't be too hard on yourself . there is life outside of poker u know....and it's GOOD ( hv u seen bruce almighty ) . LOL . we all pale into insignificance against the PHENOM that is BCG. sigh . Adam

TiocfaidhArLa said...

Thanks guys for cheering me up! Roll on November, in the meantime, where's that remote control?

NC said...

Hang in there, breakeven stretches don't last forever!

As for bonus/offers, take a look at rakefreeze.com and ask them for their unadvertised deals.

I don't know if they still offer it but they had something nice I signed up to on some iPoker skin. That iPoker skin also offers a 200% bonus up to 600$ if I remember correctly and has a pretty decent VIP program.