Friday, September 5, 2008

The good and the bad ...

The hot run has come to an end and I'm back on track for incremental volume gains (after wooshing way ahead). As hot as I ran last weekend, to be expected, I reversed it donking 4 BIs on 2nd best hands. Encountered slight tilt but nothing dramatic and stepped away. Weekend is around the corner, maybe I can run good again.

Returned to take a shot at a Tourney given that I had a couple of uninterrupted hours to spare. Pleased to report coming 3rd in the rebuy for approx $850. Bankroll and Sharkscope are healthier, but I'm not going to count this toward beating the NL50 consistently. Actually, I got an insight into how tough it would be to grind this level for a living.

The downswing has prompted me to review the actual play of my big hands against HOCP recommendations. Not sure how that analysis will go, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

PHLUKKE said...

Hey nice score ! I can tell this is going to be an interesting read . I don't want to be a pro but I know there is some serious money to be made out there as the BONUS CHASING GRINDER has proved just from collecting site bonuses ($10,000+ first year) . Best of luck to you . I am gonna link u on my own blog. Adam

TiocfaidhArLa said...

Hi Adam, thanks for dropping by and congrats on the first year you've had.

I've chased a few bonuses, but didn't want to lose track of whether I was still playing with my original $25 or not.

You've inspired me to consider getting back into it, perhaps. I always wanted to get to the bottom of the real answer to "am I one of the 5% of winning players". If so, I've reached base camp. BTW, it isn't a permanent spot as the games are definitely much tougher year on year.

The one thing that has really helped me is the 2+2 Bonus Book offer. If you haven't tried it, I recommend building your library. Plus that books come wrapped in Las Vegas newspaper which is always interesting for gambling junkies.

Take care, Brian.