Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Medium Pair Stats from Poker Office


Blindman was right when he said that he needed more info. Consistent with the attached stats, I nearly always raise with my pps and c-bet them too. This gets me committed and I can see with the replayer that I force out worse hands and encourage big pots when facing better hands.


I need to focus on Big Hand, Big Pot, Small Hand, Small Pot in these situations even more. I was also folding to Turn check/raises on blank and scary boards which may or may not have been a mistake. I might have lost more, but it is possible that I was being moved on.


The long and short of it is that I am a modest net winner with 66 thru 22 and medium pairs are more like these than the premium pairs and should be played accordingly.

3 comments:

The blindman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The blindman said...

I got your message. Note that you need to have your blog set to email comments to you in order to get mine.

The blindman said...

I'm no expert in analysing stats, but the thing I notice there is that you almost never raise the flop or the turn (and never on the river), yet you call quite often (action details table).

I suspect that you need to raise more and fold more on the flop at least. Flat calling leaves you no wiser on the next street (and with only two outs most of the time you will seldom improve).

The other thing those stats suggest is that you probably didn't hit a set all that often, which may partially explain why the return is so poor.