Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The dawning of a new era ...

I’ve decided to psychologically lock in my Pokerstars PLO start-up journey as a bit of a success story and take a break to let it sink in. I’ve only been at PLO for a few months and seemed to have held my own up as far as PLO100 (albeit with a massive boost to end the run in front).

And so it is that I start out for a new chapter. A fresh start, with a month on NOIQs new site under the Entraction engine. They have a 500K race happening that looks relatively achievable to cash in, so if I can limit my losses, I can fund more PLO learning.

I had my first session last night and I don’t particularly like the interface. It’s not that easy to see what is happening within a hand. I haven’t learned how to check HHs or get PokerTracker Omaha to work. That said, if it is like this for everyone, that may not be a bad thing.

Adjusting to Euros is something I haven’t thought thru yet. I’m not even sure how much they raked. If it’s 3Euro then no wonder they can give such a generous race. I sat at a .25/.50 table which is equivalent of PLO100 on Stars, only to find out that I was allowed to sit down with 200 (or 400BB). This is worth considering in PLO and is probably a better structure. Next time I may drop a level and BI for the full 400BBs. I scored a 120Euro win first time out which when I transfer back to Neteller should look very respectable in USD and even better in AUD.

Here’s wishing Obama and myself all the best for the next month and beyond!

1 comment:

James P McAteer said...

Sounds like a plan! Will watch with interest.