Sunday, January 18, 2009

Two Good Results

Footy tipping is an Australian pasttime. I'm in a $50 comp with about 25 others tipping the EPL soccer. I'm an out of touch Liverpool fan (went to Uni there to watch them in the 80s), so my only fighting chance is to defer to the wisdom of crowds, otherwise known as Betfair, and pick all the favourites. It is a proven system. With 3 spots paid, I've come 2nd then 1st in both previous seasons. I don't really know the guys so I offered to step out but I keep getting invited back.

Well, this season it has been upset after upset. Also, from a bookie perspective, the draw is never a favourite and there has been draw after draw, which had seen me drop off the pace. I never lost faith though and ground it out, inching up week on week, only to get smacked back down. A couple of weeks ago, there were 5 draws, ouch. Anyway, got up this morning and 7 out of 7 favourites won overnight. I leapfrogged a couple of leaders and found myself in 1st spot. Woo Hoo. I'll keep you updated.

Now my other Sunday report is my Fatroll weigh-in. Pleased to report that I lost another 2 kilos this week. Now 78kgs, just 4 more to go!

No comments: