Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year resolution

I've never had a resolution before, but when thinking about my goals, the only important SMART goal that springs to mind is to shed a few kilos (while adding the pounds).

I am currently a slightly out of breath 82kgs and would like to be 74kgs by Easter. To achieve this, I'd like to diet and exercise. So far the diet is on track but I'll need to include a bit of exercise. This public forum will hopefully help me stay motivated. Weigh-ins will hopefully be Monday mornings.

3 comments:

James P McAteer said...

Good luck in your fitness goals. Exercise and diet is the only way. Gym membership? 3 days weights a week is usually enough for most to get in shape. Plus 2 or 3 aerobic sessions. Dont' worry about the weight - the mirror will tell you all you need to know

I have a concept II rower at home which is really handy. I get my laptop and headphones and watch a poker vid while I row. suitably refreshed I then play a couple of hours poker. That's the theory anyway...

TiocfaidhArLa said...

Unfortunately, the mirror IS telling me.

James P McAteer said...

yeah. sadly the mirror don't lie.