Thursday, January 15, 2009

Too results oriented

Having got my diet off to a flying start in the first week, I've found myself hoping (Freudian slip) on and off the scales at least once a day. Needless to say, a watched kettle never boils. No positive movement to report.

It would be very easy to give up. I also had a massive apple crumble treat the other night with ice cream which was one of only two deviations. The next morning, no difference. That was tilt material as I felt like going back to my old ways if nothing was making a difference.

I'm now going to stay off the scales between Sunday weigh-ins and focus on just making correct dietary decisions one meal at a time. Does poker mimic life or the other way around?

1 comment:

James P McAteer said...

Seriously - I suggest throwing the scales in the bin. I never found they helped much - except when I was trying to gain weight. Plus - as you probably know if you are working out your bone density and muscle mass increases - so even if you are losing fat (which you will be) - your weight might not change much.

Try little things which don't cause too much suffering! - one less slice of toast, take more fruit to work, no dessert, half glass of wine.

Keep the faith.