Monday, January 12, 2009

Home game blues

My home game successes came to an abrupt halt on Friday. Good news is that the stakes were a lot lower. I'd also under-estimated the opposition and tried to pick up a stack early. This was costly on two fronts, I was limping in to family pots trying to hit and leaking a few dollars. I was overbetting to protect hands and getting sucked out on.

From there it was downhill as I stayed shortstacked all night and picked spots to gamble on making a stack. I'd get successful my fair share, but never two in a row to allow me to play sufficiently deep for my usual game.

The combination of high expectations, bad play and a relatively cool deck didn't make for a particularly enjoyable evening. The major scalextric track did though.

FATROLL Trying to get back in shape. Pleased to report that my 82kg to 74kg goal is heading the right direction, I'm on 79.5kg after 11 days.

1 comment:

James P McAteer said...

nice weight reduction - are you doing some exercise as well? as a long time human yo-yo I find the main problem with losing weight is that your clothes start to look baggy - but nice excuse for a new wardrobe.