Saturday, January 24, 2009

Home Game Report

Recession must be hitting our home game as the stakes are getting lower each week. This week we had $90 in chips for $30, with blinds of 50c/1$. When we cash out, we just divide the number of chips by 3. This way we had 90BB BIs. It worked very well.

The main reason for moving to the more affordable structure is that we've become friends and aren't trying to hurt each other (as much). Last night seen some incredible hands and a lot of laughs. A few pictures were snapped as the moments were priceless.

This will lose in the telling, but I was card dead for almost 2 hours and managed to tread water. UTG, I decided to straddle for $6. It wasn't raised (5 callers), so I had no option and we went to the flop which came 752 (2 hearts). I stayed blind to see where I was out and led out for $12 (4 callers). Turn 3h, so I decided to lead again for $12, 2 callers and 2 folds. River Jh (4 hearts), so I decided to check which would give me all the data for my decision. Next spot raised $50, into $150, fold and it is up to me. I looked at my first card, As and turned it face up to get a reaction. The AI player looked pretty comfortable. Next card was a Kh. Couldn't belive my eyes, slid it face down again and pushed AI. 'Geezers' face was priceless. He went into the tank before calling. He had the Qh - how unlucky was that?

A couple of hours later, about 1am, my friend to my left decided to kick start his game again with a straddle (btw, we've never ever straddled before). Flop came Jxx. He too lead out into a family pot. Serveral callers. Turn was a J. He checked and someone but in a small raise, 1 caller. My friend was going to look and I suggested he was getting pot odds on almost any 2 cards (as there is a bit of bluffing goes on). River blank. Still no look he checked, Geexer pushes AI and gets a caller. Jim now looks and he has AJ. I gave the nod to get the camera out and this time we captured the look on Geezers face when his KJ was outkicked.

Other memorabel hand was Jim and I. I had AK and raised a $10 raiser who was called to $30. I got 2 callers. Glop was all low and I c-bet. 2 callers (its that kind of game). Turn K for my TPTK. I lead out for $90 about half the pot and get pushed AI for $500. That was the next photo opp of me scratching my bald head whilst pacing. I showed the AK and got a good read. I was most afraid of AA as I'd made it $30 preflop. Turned out Jim had AK too. Phew!

Sorry, one last hand saw 4 people AI and Jim winning as the big stack. With 3 people broke, we had a run on the bank and they were queued up for rebuys. Anyway final result for me +$120 which puts me back in a better frame of mind for next week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! You can play Poker on my blog for free, no downloads, stop by sometime.

********************
http://poke-r.blogspot.com
********************
/\
|
|
|
Very Fun!Free!

TiocfaidhArLa said...

My first real spam, how do I delete this comment, please?

James P McAteer said...

I forgot it was your winter - swimming in the sea - what a brag!

home games sound like fun. but I think you need friends with money... so that rules me out of the home game scene.