Thursday, January 29, 2009

A lesson in Irish Economics

Having gone busto on NOIQ, I needed some light relief:

Young Paddy, moved to Roscommon and bought a Donkey from a farmer for €100.00. The farmer agreed to deliver the Donkey the next day. The next day he drove up and said, 'Sorry son, but I have some bad news, the donkey died.'

Paddy - 'Well,then just give me my money back.'
Farmer - 'Can't do that. I went and spent it already.'
Paddy - 'Ok, then, just bring me the dead donkey.'
Farmer - 'What are ya gonna do with him?
Paddy - 'I'm going to raffle him off.'
Farmer - 'You can't raffle off a dead donkey!'
Paddy - 'Sure I can. Watch me.. I just won't tell anybody he's dead.'

A month later, the farmer met up with Paddy and asked, 'What happened with that dead donkey?'

Paddy - 'I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two euro's a piece and made a profit of €898.00.'
Farmer - 'Didn't anyone complain?'
Paddy - 'Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two euro's back.'

Paddy now works for the Irish Government

1 comment:

James P McAteer said...

busto? don't believe it? I avoid busto by not playing at the moment.