Saturday, January 31, 2009

Telesina Freeroll

I love new games and there was a Freeroll running on NOIQ for Telesina. It's a mix between 5-card stud and hold'em (last card is a community card). You play with a 32-card stripped deck (2 thru 7 removed). This changes the probabilities and flushes are now ranked higher than FH which seems like a semi-common occurrence. There is a bring in.

The freeroll was PL and 2000 people entered. I'm currently placed 178th out of 668. Here is a live commentary of what happens next.

First hand, 3 people got dealt 9s face up. IMO, they should all fold now, they don't. One guy seems to pick up on this and raises the limpers. He gets a couple of callers and is pocket Qs improve to take down a big pot. This hand is freeroll stuff and not real Telesina, I'm sure.

I've folded J8, T7 and A8 as I assume that tight is always the way to go. Common sense tells me that if I am playing my top 20% of starting hands in any game, my average hand range will be ahead of my opponents. A mix of post flop judgment and aggression should then selectively win more than my fair share of pots.

OK, pocket JJ. 8 on 3rd street, checked. 8 on 4th street for 2-pair. I ended up checking it down and was beaten by QQ99 on the river. With a stripped deck, there were potential str8s and flushes abound, including KK exposed.

NOIQ does a really good thing IMO, leaving the folded cards exposed. I found with stud online that I could never keep up with the folded cards. This hand I have JJ again, but an A brought in and the next player with a K raised the pot. Looks like KK for sure. His K came again on 5th street. Indeed he had KKK and beat 999. Poor play by the loser.

I've folded Q7o. K7s/KJs/89s/TT go to 4th st and the TT ended up with AAATT. Next hand, I BI with A9o (no choice). Call, Pot sized raise, call, I fold. Without playing a marginal hand, I find myself in a credible 159 of 252.

QJs, I called down a couple of improved streets but folded on 5th street to a bet that would have me AI and possibly drawing dead as 5th was a blank. Now, I'm relatively short stacked and get dealt 99. I call and its a family pot. A suited J on 3rd street sees me push AI to get a family of callers. A rush of blood really when I didn't need to. I'm out in 217th, had a lot of fun and am a little bit oler and wiser. May visit the micro cash tables and give it a go. So easily distracted. Or is it HORSE study?

No comments: